Notice to Borrowers about Language

1. Your mortgage loan transaction may not have been conducted in your preferred language and the official documents you signed also may not have been written in your language of preference.

If any correspondence is not in your preferred language, Planet can help with Language Access Services or translation assistance regarding the servicing of your loan For homeowners who require verbal translation assistance or Language Access Services, please contact us at 866-882-8187. When you call us, our agents will conference in a translator from Language Line to (1) translate for our representatives and/or (2) verbally translate certain loan documents.

2. The Department of Housing and Urban Development also has translation resources. Language assistance and resources may also be available through housing counseling agencies approved by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). You can find a list of HUD-approved housing counseling agencies at

  • a. Select “housing counseling agency” near you, then select your state.
  • b. To locate housing counseling agencies in your area that speak your preferred language, select “Click here to narrow your search” and select a language.
  • c. Or, call HUD at 800-569-4287 for help in finding a counselor.

Information about housing counselors is also available at

3. Also, through the link below, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac through the Federal Housing Finance Agency are offering “sample” documents in multiple languages to help mortgage loan servicing customers. with a limited English proficiency. Note, these are not the actual documents from your transaction. Instead, they are samples that can be used as references, available in other languages, to assist you with the transaction. Customers can search for specific forms in the language of their choosing. Click on the below link:

4. New York City Customers: A translation and description of commonly used debt collection terms are available in multiple languages on the website for the NYC Department of Consumer Affairs,